Friday, August 28, 2009

Hide and Seek

It has been a hard week for Charlie. He was so excited this past weekend because all of his family was home and the weather was sunny and delightful. Things quickly went downhill from there. His sister left, the weather turned rainy, suitcases were strewn across the house, indicating more departures were looming. What is a puppy to do?

Yesterday was a black day. His mother and father left. His brother left. No amount of sitting in suitcases could convince them to stay. Charlie was sulky all evening.


Adding insult to injury, the weather turned stormy today. Charlie spent the morning alternating between hiding under my desk, hiding under my bed and sitting as close to me as physically possible. He was sitting on my legs when I went to take a shower. But when I came back, Charlie wasn't there and something was different about my room. I couldn't put my finger on it....


Aha! That mysterious lump in my bed! What could it be!?


This may be the only time I will ever melt from cuteness when I pull back my covers to find a living thing.

1 comment: