Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Charlie and the Panda/Julian and the Kitty

These last few weeks have been something of a trial. Lots of rain. A great deal of people dear to me seem to be stressed/depressed/hopeless/ed (who doesn't love a rhyme). I have been particularly sensitive to incompetence lately. My own, of course, but also that of non-profits, HR departments and the government. The Washington Post ran a two-part series accounting for squandered HIV funds that highlighted waste, corruption and general bureaucratic incompetence. I couldn't decide whether to feel sad, angry or resigned.

I volunteer with this organization. They are great and do really good work in the community. You all should take two seconds and write your Senators and Representatives and tell them to provide funding for needle exchanges and allow them to operate without constraints. Everybody wins! Except probably not, because it seems that people in power know better than I how to protect the kiddies!

Not that the previous two paragraphs were a deviation from the stated mission of this blog or anything. Anyway, I present you with a double dose of cute. One, a cute animal cuddling with a cute stuffed animal. Two, a cute animal popping from the chest of some kind of creature. Kind of like the reverse of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment