Saturday, December 19, 2009

We Three Prisoners of I-95

I can't even form coherent sentences to write this post. Suffice to say that what generally is a two hour drive (where I live --> Richmond, VA) just took us 9 hours. That's right. 10pm - 7am. With no sleep. In what alternated between a blizzard/six inches of snow/sheets of freezing rain. We tried to get off the road sooner, but the vast majority of exits were blocked by snow and immobile semis and every motel we called was filled to capacity. Charlie was with us. I think this may put him off short jaunts to the grocery store for a while. He had to wear a seatbelt in the backseat and was NOT happy about that. He switched between glaring balefully at me and my mother, devising elaborate ruses to get into the front seat and practically strangling himself in the process,and huddled on the floor. He is extremely overstimulated right now. He is starting to calm down. Here he is on my bed.

I am going to go to sleep now to prepare for 16 MORE HOURS OF DRIVING LATER TODAY (IF WE DO NOT HIT ANYMORE INCLEMENT WEATHER OR TRAFFIC PROBABLY WILL BE MORE LIKE 13995 HOURS). ho ho fucking ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment